Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The revival of the 70's sewing machine

Last summer, a friend gave me a sewing machine circa 1970-something.  This was it! My chance! I was going to sew my heart out!  Except I didn't know how to sew. And the machine was not working.

Fast forward a year and the sewing machine has be cleaned up and returned to working order and I have had at least one crash course of making an odd shaped, but stellar (if I do say so myself) tiny satchel.  I am super excited to get going on two projects that I've been thinking about for some time now - The DIY Floor Pillow by The Merrythought  and The Lovely Liberty Coin Purse which is sold as a kit from Purl Soho.

Check out other creative DIY projects I have hopes of attempting someday.  What are you all working on lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment