Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Adirondacks

We've just returned from our annual Adirondack camping trip and, although I say this every year, it may have been our best one yet.  We did it a little different this year, staying in a camping cabin in Old Forge, instead of totally roughing it out in a tent...on an island...with no electricity or bathrooms.  I can't say I didn't like roughing it back when we started the trip 6 years ago but I think my age is starting to catch up with me.  Having a bathroom nearby is quite the luxury!

We went a little later than usual this year, which prompted the need for a heated cabin over a tent but the weather ended up being perfect and we were lucky enough to catch the amazing fall color before it was gone.  And this year we went on a perfect canoe ride with the pups.  While Molly can't get enough of the canoe, Baxter has never warmed to the ride.  This year, however, he really seemed to enjoy himself which made for an excellent day on the canoe.

Yes, I think I can honestly say that this was indeed the best Adirondack trip yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment