Friday, April 18, 2014

Three New Ventures and a Baby

2014 is proving to be a very exciting year for Two Pooch Paperie - with three new creative ventures in the works and one much anticipated baby on the way!  I'm going to keep you in suspense for two of the ventures but I wanted to share one of the exciting projects I've been working on for the past couple of months, now that it is about to make its debut. 

Lucky Day Studios, a print and pattern design studio offering licensed art for companies such as Target and American Greetings, offered me the opportunity to join them in making my art available for sale through their studio.  The collections I've created will be shown at Surtex in May.  Surtex is a marketplace for licensing and selling art and design  for everything from home furnishings and apparel textiles to giftware, stationery and toys. Held annually in New York, this event brings more than 6,000 art buyers/licensees from all across the country. This is a HUGE deal for me and I am so very thankful to Julia and Donna, the founders of Lucky Day and two pretty awesome women, for giving me this opportunity. The show takes place May 18 thru the 20th - so fingers crossed for a successful showing!

In other HUGE news, we're having a baby! This is great for Two Pooch Paperie because with all these new projects, I could really use a hand around here. Seriously though, we are beyond thrilled for our first baby! Our little one is due early August so the shop will be closed for at least a few weeks around that time. As I get closer to my due date, I will be sure to keep you posted on shop details and when you can expect Two Pooch to be back open. If you are planning any events for August thru early October, I recommend getting your orders in early!

No comments:

Post a Comment